Friday, February 12, 2010

The Dumbest Generation

Before watching Mark's video called The Dumbest Genereation I automatically took offense. Only after listening to what he had to say did I agree with him. When it comes to certain categories we are indeed the dumbest generation. Mark backed his point up very strongly. The other two videos made his point even stronger. Our generation would argue that we are not the dumbest genereation. It isn't that we are dumb it's the fact that we have a lack of knowledge in specific places. Things such as American literature was one of the main ones bought to our attention in class. A lot of these books I had to read throughout highschool. It wasn't what I wanted but I did focus on it. Not all schools make all of their students have certain reading criteria. Mark was also correct when he said we rely on technology. I think without people would push themselves harder. Now that we have google and other search engines someone could simply type in what they need or may want to know, having to do no research themselves. Everyone in our generation are not like this but enough people are. This is something that I personally think needs to change.

4 comments:

  1. You brought up very good points. I don't think it is fair to call us the dumbest generation even though he has some really good points. We are required to know so much more than previous generations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you and I wrote about the same thing in my blog. We are not the dumbest generation. Even though not all of us are the dumbest generation, but the majority or the negative part of a group is what is looked at the most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are many reasons why we can be called the dumbest generation. Obvious examples are the fact taht some kids still don't know the axis and allied powers in world war II. And an argument can be made against the fact taht we need to learn more. Technology is there guiding us along. It makes things easier and is very easy to use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definately agree with Bauerlein on alot of main points. In this society most is all. If most of our generation are lacking fundemental knowledge then it might as well be all.

    ReplyDelete