Friday, February 19, 2010

Feed

Reading Feed after Culture Jam was a major transition. It is sad because I can see Feed being a reality. I don't thank that society will ever change, the only thing it will do is get worse. The gadgets that are coming out now and days are ridiculous. There really isn't any point for them. It is also ashame on how much we rely on technology. It is everything to most of us. And everyone always has an excuse on why they need it. There is no reason we should rely on something as much as we do. Also it's almost weird how back when Thoreau wrote Walden there was already a sense of how society would be. This was back when such things were not even thought of yet. I can only imagine how things are going to be in the future.

5 comments:

  1. I think Thoreau had his finger on the "pulse" of where we might be headed if we continually give in to the ease of technology. Not many people are able to take such a stance. I admire him, but I wonder if we will ever really "listen" to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make a very good point. Though I think it will be a while before our technology is like that in Feed, we are definitely advancing at a very rapid pace. I like your points on Thoreau as well. It's amazing that if we went back in time to when he lived, we would probably feel like we were as close to nature as we could possibly be yet Thoreau felt he and others in his society were already losing contact with the natural world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with you it is sad that our society realize on our technology. I am sad to say I am one of those people. I can't survive without my cell phone I take it e everywhere with me and use it for everything including commenting on these blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I like your blog and how it ties in the fact that we overuse technology. It makes me wonder if I have enough courage to throw away half the technology that I use. We do overuse technology in a great way, but we are already used to the way it feels and would be really hard to quit the addiction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is truly sad the road that we are on. Hopefully we can turn it around, one step at a time.

    ReplyDelete